Dear Waban moms,
I hope you all had a terrific summer. Now that the kids are back to school it is time to get back to exercising!
5 Mara Core Conditioning exercises for tight ABS “IN”.
SET UP: Supine, lie on your back, knees bend in tabletop position, head lifted up above the mat, dead weight into your hands, keeping your lower back flat on mat:
- Single Leg. Inhale, prepare. Exhale, tighten your ABS “IN” as you lengthen your right leg forward reaching away. Inhale, return your right leg back. Exhale, lengthen your left leg. 10 REPS as you alternate your legs.
- Criss- Cross (obliques). Inhale, prepare. Exhale, tighten your ABS “IN” as you lengthen your right leg forward and twist the torso toward your left leg bent in tabletop. 10 REPS as you alternate your sides.
- Double Leg. Inhale, prepare. Exhale, tighten your ABS “IN”, and lengthen both of your legs forward reaching out. 10 REPS.
SET UP: Prone, lie on your stomach, legs straight reaching out on the mat, hands interlocked behind your back, nose, hovering just above the mat.
- Little Cobra. Inhale, rotate your shoulders backward straightening the arms. Exhale, tighten your ABS “IN” and lift your chest away from the mat as you slightly extend your upper spine. 10 REPS.
SET UP: Stand on your right leg; hold your left ankle with your left hand, knees next to each other, ankle away from your seat, lengthen your spine “UP” to the ceiling.
- Hip Flexors stretch. Inhale, prepare. Exhale, tight your ABS “IN” as you stand tall and lean for 10 Breaths. Switch and repeat standing on your left leg.
Mara Core Conditioning, conveniently located at 1108 Beacon Street in Newton, specializes in helping moms get their core area in shape. Check out their website at https://www.maracoreconditioning.com/. To schedule your FREE consultation, please call Mara at 617-852-6785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by Nanette Fridman, email@example.com